Step 5: Ready? Set? Show!
Once you have found properties on the MLS that you would like to see, we can set-up a showing. The day before we are scheduled to look at a home, we will email you the address and where and when we are meeting. Before we go to the showing, here are a few things to know:
- Most sellers require you are pre-approved before being able to see their home.
- Sellers usually require 4-24 hours notice prior to showings. They may also put other limitations on showings such as no showings after 6pm or on Sundays, etc.
- Some owners ask us to take our shoes off before entering so wear comfortable slip on shoes.
- Utilities may not be turned on in vacant homes, so if the weather is cool dress accordingly.
- Look beyond the homeowner’s furnishing and design style. Also, avoid touching their personal things.
- If your children accompany you during the showing, remind them not to play with toys or run in the home.
- During a showing we should not be in the crawl space or attic. These spaces will be evaluated during the home inspection which comes AFTER a contract is agreed upon.
- Home security cameras have become increasingly more frequent in homes. Be aware of what you say and do during the showing.
- Sometimes sellers are present during the time of showing. Avoid discussing too much about yourself because that information could have ramifications on negotiations later on.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at 402-415-4799 or via www.OmahaHomeEquityGroup.com