Step 7: Ready? Set? Show!
It’s time for a showing. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your home should be show ready (e.g., clean, all dishes put away, floors free of dog hair)
- Put all toilet seat lids down
- Open all curtains/blinds
- Turn on all lights before you leave for a showing
- Secure any valuables such as jewelry, prescription meds, etc.
- Turn off alarm systems and lock all doors. The buyer’s realtor will use the lockbox key to enter/exit.
- Showings usually last 15 – 30 minutes, however, they are scheduled in 1 hour increments. Plan to be gone for at least 1 hour for each showing.
- Take pets with you or use some sort of containment system
- After the showing, the buyer’s realtor will automatically receive an email asking for feedback. If they do respond we will immediately send you a copy of that feedback.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at 402-671-0400 or via www.omahahomeequitygroup.com